Once again, I can’t believe my baby (this blog) is just over a year old. It made me happy to look back at last years post with nostalgia and reverie in seeing how it has grown. It gave me some insight as to how I have grown as well. And as I sit in my new home and at my new kitchen/dining table my blog was literally in my face that says “HEY! This blogging business makes you happy! Keep going!” Ok, ok bloggy blog, chill…I will!
I preach the preach. As a teacher, a mother, a wife, a daughter, a writer, and well just a human being, I preach about perspective. Perspective is a powerful presence in all of our lives and if our perspective on others perspectives are skewed, we are screwed. So this year, after quite a rough year, I decided to let go of my parents divorce, my miscarriage, my broken foot served up with a side of surgery, my very difficult grade 8 class, a challenging first trimester, selling our home and moving to a new hockey city, and my long distance marriage with my best friend and husband and decided to focus on what really counts. I planned on writing a blog post on “Overcoming A Bad Year” but there it is, I have released it. It’s gone. Ya, it sucked, and ya I cried…a lot, but these days I can’t help but look back and say…ok I handled it and I’m still here. Maybe not quite as smoothly and eloquently as I would have imagined, but I did it and I have so much to be thankful for today.
In light of perspective, I’m turning those “negative” things into “positive” things. Here is my version of preaching my “Attitude of Gratitude” in…
MY LUCKY SEVEN
I Am Thankful For:
- Laundry…because I have clothes to wear.
- Dirty Dishes…because I have food to feed my family.
- Picking up Toys (constantly)…because I have a little one (and one on the way) to bring joy and laughter to my life.
- Bill Payments..because I have a roof over my head.
- Complaints about the government…because I have freedom of speech and the right to vote. (MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!)
- My husband who is a workaholic…because he is living his dream, living with passion, and is employed.
- Heartache and Struggle…because I have the strength to overcome adversity, learn from it and that gift of growth stays with me.